Saturday, April 19, 2008

Biography - Andrea Jane Corr


Well....
Just thought about writing something about Andrea today.... the youngest and ever beautiful member of the Irish band 'The Corrs' who have for sometime now been one my favorite bands and to be honest, I don't think I will ever stop listening to their songs.....

So here goes.....

NAME: Andrea Jane Corr
BIRTHDAY: 17th May 1974
BIRTHPLACE: Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland
HEIGHT: 5' 1"
SUN SIGN: Taurus
FORTE: Lead Vocals, Lyrics, Tin Flute (Whistle)
FAMILY: Parents: Jean & Gerry. Siblings: Caroline Corr, Shanon Corr, Jim Corr


Andrea Jane Corr is a member of the Irish pop/rock/Celtic musical group 'The Corrs'.

In her younger years, Andrea was the best student among all her siblings. She began her life with the band as soon as she graduated from secondary school. The Corrs' parents were musicians who strongly encouraged each of their children to pursue music.

Andrea learned the piano, as did all of her siblings. In the Corrs' band, Andrea is the lead singer and is their main lyricist when the group writes songs. Andrea also plays the tin whistle, which when combined with her sister Sharon's fiddle playing gives the group its distinctively Irish sound. The Corrs music shows strong influences from traditional Celtic but also modern pop such as the Eagles and the Carpenters.

The Corrs first performed as a band when they auditioned to play in the musical film The Committments (1991). Andrea landed a speaking role in the film. The movie's musical director John Hughes saw potential in the band and became their manager. Andrea is also an aspiring actress, and in addition to being featured in "The Commitments" she also played opposite Madonna in a singing role in Evita (1996).

Andrea's favorite book is Crime and Punishment and her favorite authors are Fyodor Dostoevsky and Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Andrea has performed in charity concerts for the following causes: Pavarotti & Friends, Liberian Children's Village, Freeman Hospital in Newcastle, for the victims of the Omagh bombing in Northern Ireland, and The Prince's Trust in 2004.

As of September 2007, Andrea is dating Brett Desmond, son of billionaire businessman Dermot Desmond.

Her hair is naturally brown. Her eyes are also brown, typical Irish beauty.

Andrea has a habit of sucking her thumb since childhood and she is proud to have not left it..!!!!!

Here is an interview excerpt that will tell you more:
(Source: Steppin' Out Magazine Sept. 1999)

Andrea: It's something that I did since I was a baby. So I've done it my whole life. I really never had a reason for giving it up and my mother didn't make me stop. Also, sucking my thumb comforts me. It helps me fall asleep. If I get tired the first thing I do is put my thumb in my mouth. But I don't think it's because I am insecure. It's just very comforting and I love it. I can't give it up.

Interviewer: Has anyone tried to break you out of the habit since you're obviously not a baby anymore?

Andrea: Oh, my God! I've had people pull my thumb out of my mouth.

Interviewer: Try putting Tabasco sauce on your thumb. That usually does the trick.

Andrea: Why? It's not like I want to stop.

Sharon: It's not like it's bad for you.

Andrea: [Laughs] Well actually, I have broken a few nails..!!



Andrea wears glasses/contacts and does not have a driving licence!!!!!

And, Andrea always performs on stage barefooted and likes to write songs in the bathtub....!!!!



FAMOUS PERSONAL QUOTES:

"Music is sexy, music is sensual. And an expression of yourself and that side of you comes out sometimes. I know I can be like that on stage but it's innocent. I don't do anything I just get into it, feel it."


"When I write a song with the family, the fact is that I am the 'little sister', and my Mammy is there and when it gets to something like sex you start thinking 'oh, I'm not supposed to have these thoughts about sex!!'I remember when I first wrote 'Runaway', with that silly line, 'make love to me through the night', and when I first sang it I was turning my face away, knowing my mother was going to say 'My God, where did you learn that?!' and then I'd say, 'from TV, Mammy!' "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.